In order to realize our Mission and Vision and remain a highly competitive college access program on a national level, MI GEAR UP implements six strategic goals to their program.
- Goal 1 - Student Level Database: In order to measure clear successes and potential challenges impacting all MI GEAR UP students, we contracted with ARL software to develop a student level database system called TRACKR. This system collects individual student level data that merges program attendance/participation, academic and standardized test performance, beginning Fall 2015.
- Goal 2 - Centralized MI GEAR UP Website: To make the MI GEAR UP program more visible for our stakeholders, we created and designed our centralized website www.migearup.org.
- Goal 3 - Standardized Lesson Plan Formats: The ability to provide uniquely tailored MI GEAR UP services to our diverse populations is enhanced by creating standardized, easy-to-share lesson plans that are strategically aligned and updated with common lesson plan formats educators and GEAR UP staff use in the classroom.
- Goal 4 - Moving from Promising Practices to data-driven Evidence Based Practices: The ability to use standardized lesson plan formats, adapted to local community contexts will enable MI GEAR UP partners to move closer to providing Promising Practices that eventually will become national models of Evidence Based Practices.
- Goal 5 - Becoming a national leader and resource for GEAR UP related research, program and policy information: With measurable outcome data, MI GEAR UP vetted staff, selected researchers, community partners and policy leaders will be able to make conference presentations, write peer reviewed professional and academic articles, provide current and future doctoral students with many dissertation research areas.
- Goal 6 - Help strengthen the pipelines between KCP Initiative Programs in the State of Michigan: Create mechanisms that allow and encourage aspiring MI GEAR UP alumni to enter into the extended KCP pipeline, creating a rich and diverse active KCP alumni community.