MI GEAR UP provides each and every MI GEAR UP student with the same high level of individual support that will give our students the desire, preparation and skills to enter and persist into post-secondary education and/or job skills training.
To substantially enhance the success of the entire State of Michigan King Chavez Parks Initiative, MI GEAR UP works with several college access support services. The following services are funded by the State of Michigan and create a sustainable pipeline program that captures and addresses MI GEAR UP students and alumni at every level in their academic and pre/post-professional career.
- College Day (GUCD) Program
- Future Faculty Fellowship (FFF) Program
- Michigan College/University Partnership (MICUP) Program
- Morris Hood, Jr. Educator Development (MHED) Program
- Select Student Support Services (4S) Program
- Visiting Professors (VP) Program